Post Office Box 6571, Incline Village, Nevada 89450, 775-832-2210,
- C++, C#, and C
- MS Visual C++, MFC, Silverlight for Windows Phone, and the Windows Store App API (WinRT)
- Windows, Linux, Sun Solaris, and Embedded Systems
- High Speed Search Algorithms, Software Source Optimization
- Group Leadership, Project Management, and Product Design
- Audio and Video Multimedia, User Interface Design, Firmware and Hardware Integration
Senior Software Developer
February 2012 to Present
- Continually maintain and enhance the server side of the client-server system using Java in the Tomcat environment on Linux and Windows.
- Continually maintain and enhance the Windows Store and Windows Phone apps for the company's field-force work tracking system.
- Modified the company's Windows client app to exactly match the look and feel of the Microsoft built-in apps of Windows 10.
- Created a prototype, demo version, then functional Windows Store app, targeted to the Windows Surface and other Windows 8 & 10 tablets.
- Successfully ported an Android/Java application to the Windows Phone using C# and Silverlight.
- Responsible for designing application user interfaces consistent with the Microsoft Windows 8 and 10 styles.
- Created a web-based Google Maps demonstration application for displaying GPS tracking data.
Senior Software Engineer
Active Motif Corporation, Carlsbad California
April 1997 to October 2015
Originally for TimeLogic Corporation, Incline Village Nevada, until bought by Active Motif in 2003
- Continually maintain and enhance a hardware/software bybrid search product for the biotechnology industry.
- Create the design, software architecture and implementation strategies for new product features and software enhancements.
- Create software optimizations and enhancements to improve software search algorithms.
- Developed a Windows device driver for hardware communications with the custom accelerator hardware.
- Designed inter-process communications mechanisms for job load sharing across multiple computers.
- Participated in project management of Windows NT development and Unix port of the product.
- Managed other developers on various engineering projects.
Software Engineering Consultant
Financial Psychology Corporation, Incline Village Nevada
1996 to 1997
- Completed a rewrite of the company’s commercial software package for Windows 98 in C++, including creating a new user interface and adding database management and printing support.
Vice President of Software Development and Co-Founder
Lyrix Corporation, Incline Village Nevada
1995 to 1997
- Successfully implemented a SCSI disk driver, proprietary file system, database management system, and radio communications subsystem, for the proprietary hardware system.
- Implemented multitasking communication features to allow for simultaneous radio transmissions.
General Parametrics Corporation, Berkeley California
1993 to 1995
- Created an order and time based editing system for graphic, animation, and audio-video streams.
- Designed and implemented VISCA compatible digital video player software.
Senior Software Engineer and Cofounder
Impact, Chatsworth California
1990 to 1993
- Successfully created a non-linear video editor software package with advanced audio editing support.
- Built a software interface to proprietary video compression hardware for recording and playback of digital video.
Pleasant Hawaiian Holidays, Westlake Village California
1988 to 1991
FutureNet Corporation, Chatsworth California
1986 to 1988